The other leg of the trousers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I mentioned my friend's old trousers in my previous post. I finished the bag and I had not too much leftover. The project of the day was a sashiko purse, but I skipped the sashiko part. I decided to use my old jeans (you know I took too many trousers into my big bag :P) so I had to make a good design. It is summer and I bought some string on the previous day (blue and white). I had my blue jeans and part of the white trousers. It is obvious that it turned out a 'sailor's purse'. I needle painted some summer-sea themed pictures and I used my string as junk of the purse. I hope you like it, too.
And what is the connection with the old white trousers? The lining of the purse is made of it. And I had to be tricky. It was just enough, not a single centimetre of the fabric was left.....
Do you like it?

2 comments:

nagyorsolya said...

I do. Especially the needle painting. Very clever. How easy is it to make? (Not for me :))
Don't you want to put some red on it too for the perfect sailor feeling? Something on the zip?

patchwitch said...

good idea, but I didn't think of red... but yes, it is a good idea, thanks Orsi :D :D

and yes, needle painting is easy!
(for you, too)
:D