The fat German lady

Wednesday, September 19, 2007


There is a forum with lots of doll maker friends. They make beautiful dolls, soft toys and other small things like fruits and veggies.

Once we talked about doll making and agreed that we put a bit of our heart in it. And it is funny how different dolls we can sew of the same template. Soon an idea came: what about using the same template and see how unique dolls we have at the end?

Now we have a template each month, we sew our dolls during that and at the end we show our dolls to each other on the last day. This was our second doll. I was late (I am always late.... I am a "last minute-sewer"...), so I finished her in the middle of September... (As you know the deadline was 31st Aug as this was the doll of August). It is a Tildas design called "bathdamer"... Maybe that is why I called her German lady...

I sew her of (horrible) pink fabric. The green and white striped fabric came from an internet friend who sent me lost of different pieces. I used the same for the cap. There are two mini yoyos on it as well.
I made her bag from an other remain of fabric. I stitched it by machine. Her towel is from terry cloth and the other side of it is a pink and white striped piece.

She has a drink.. You know it is very important to have liquid with you on a hot summer day. The fabric is hand dyed by me, the design is mine, too. The straw is made of something (I don't know what is it exactly, something like stick....) I found in my bunch of flowers. Those flowers were my last birthday pressie.

Finally I am happy with her, she is a funny lady I think. She has no name at the moment, but hopefully once I can find out the right name which suits her....

2 comments:

miss~nance said...

What a fabulous doll.

patchwitch said...

Thanks miss nance :D
I am very happy you liked her... still has no name :( I am waiting for her to tell me what she wants but she seems not too strong-minded...