Christmas time - or at least sewing starts

Thursday, November 8, 2007

This is time to start sewing for Christmas.... I mean it is a bit late... but still.... So today I spent some time on making Christmas projects.

I can't show anything as 3 dolls are half made, but I can show you a little angel (to start Christmas time with) which I learned a month ago.

It is made of felt. The pattern is simple, arms (one piece), legs (one piece also), head (of 2 pieces) and hair. Ah, and the dress of course (made of one piece also).

There is some batting inside. I used simple thread for sewing and DMC for the eyes and mouth. I am not totally satisfied with the hair so I am going to try some new shapes.... later...

It is funny as the angel is quite funny without hair, and it is like 'sun' with hair.... hopefully I can make other designs as well when I will be able to get some more kinds of felt. She (or this one is a 'he' mostly) is nearly finished but as you see I had some more work on the neck...


I thought he was funny this way, the bold one, but put a hair on, and got the 'sunny' one. Look:

AH, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A FRIEND, T. WHO IS 30 YEARS OLD TODAY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Solstitches said...

Doti you make the sweetest things.
What beautiful Christmas gifts you are making.

Margaret

patchwitch said...

Hihi, and it is a very easy and quick gift... She is still on my laptop (I can't give her away, I like her smile). And her cousin is at a friend... (and will be advent decoration as I heard)