Presents for my little ones...

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I had 24 children in that wonderful 4 years. We spent a lot of time together in school, laughed and learned. We had some adventures as well. We made lots of projects, crafts and school plays. It was a very nice period of my life...


But unfortunately they became 10-year-olds and finished their 4th year in school so we had to say goodbye. I decided to make them some little present as a memory of our 4 years. It was not an easy decision. I was thinking about it for nearly a whole year. I wanted to make something kind which they can keep somewhere in their rooms, which are not very difficult to make and which can show the connection between us. I made them a collage of the pictures we took during the school trips. Then an other idea came. I decided to make a photo holder. It is a shape of a dwarf (I called them 'dwarfs' during those 4 years which is a much nicer nick in my language than in English).


I saw a picture about a similar thing in a hobby mag so I made a 'how to' for it and tried everything. It was 2 days before our last meeting when finally I had this idea. On Wednesday evening I could buy the last materials. On a sunny Thursday after I finished writing their certificates I wanted to start these, but my colleague-friend had an urgent problem and with another colleague-friend we decided to help her and write her class's certifications. We finished late in the afternoon when I tried to hurry home to make the pressies. When they heard my time-problem, they decided to help me. So we took all the materials and sat in my friend's kitchen and started painting, cutting and sticking.
It was midnight when we finished but I got up early next morning and sew the beads on the hats. My children were very happy with them. And also me when I saw their faces. :D



2 comments:

Solstitches said...

Doti - what a lovely story.
The gifts you made for the children are so cute no wonder they loved them.
Do you ever hear from any of the children now I wonder?

patchwitch said...

yes, they are in the school (year 6 now) and I am not their class teacher anymore but finally I am the 'second' formmaster (the one who is for them when the formmaster is away, or with them if 2 teachers are needed)

I also teach half of the class and I have them on Drama lessons at the moment we are working on a school play with them...
I am lucky, I love them sooo much. (They are the most wonderful children in school.)